The Kleptomancer's Crypt
A downloadable Troika! disaster
The Kleptomancer’s Crypt is an adventure for Troika!, but is easily adapted to other systems. It mostly consists of tables to help you generate a variable adventure. Improvisation and interpretation by the GM required.
A client hired you to break into the Kleptomancer’s Crypt and so you did. Now you need to get out of the place. The Kleptomancer is a government official tasked with redistributing the wealth by stealing from the rich and keeping what they stole for themselves. Okay, that last part isn’t in the official job description. The Crypt is filled with all kinds of strange things and rooms and people, really. You might for example encounter pipe smoking sloths, boardgame playing plants, ever expanding spheres or the Kleptomancer’s apprentice. The place is dangerous, so you prepared by cutting a deal with death, preventing you from dying while you are in the Crypt.
What makes this a Troika! adventure? The tone fits quite well for the game and it references stat blocks from the main Troika! Book while providing its own in the same format for the Kleptomancer. If you want to use these stat blocks a copy of Troika! is required but you can easily make up your own.
What do you get?
A 6 page PDF in both a colorful and printer friendly version. Each PDF consists of 3 easy to reference sheets (make sure to print double-sided). The PDF contains:
- An introduction setting up the the job in fiction and setting the tone for the adventure.
- A Troika! stat block for the Kleptomancer.
- 10 tables (d6) to help you generate a unique version of the adventure
- 1 table (d6) to help you figure out what happens to you when you die, or fail to die, thanks to your deal with Death.
- Who is you client and what do they want from the crypt?
- What did you promise Death in exchange for not claiming your soul come Monday morning?
- What did you decide to steal in addition to what you originally came here for once you saw it?
- How did you get caught?
- What is you exit strategy?
- Which traps did you not deactivate on your way in?
- Why is getting out more difficult then getting in?
- Rooms you pass through on your way out
- What is the last thing standing between you and the exit?
- Surprises and things to stumble upon
This adventure is inspired by Discworld by Terry Pratchett.
This adventure is made for use with Troika!.
The Kleptomancer’s Crypt is an independent production by Max Kämmerer and is not affiliated with the Melsonian Arts Council.
Layout, writing and illustrations by Max Kämmerer.
Also check out:
In order to download this Troika! disaster you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $2 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Support this Troika! disaster at or above a special price point to receive something exclusive.
Feel free to claim a community copy if you are dealing with financial hardship or are a member of a marginalized community. Please consider leaving a rating or comment though, doing so helps me out a lot and doesn't cost you anything.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.